The New Year is the Perfect Time to Get Your Financial Affairs in Order
Retire Secure for Professors
Get the Most out of your TIAA, IRAs, and Other Retirement Plans
Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Register to attend 1, 2, or all 3 Free Webinars below.
If you are married, both spouses are encouraged to attend.
Hosted by James Lange, author of Amazon Best Seller: Retire Secure For Professors and TIAA Participants
#1 in Four Categories on Amazon:
Retirement Planning – Books & Kindle Store
Personal Taxes – Kindle Store
Personal Accounting – Kindle Store
Click here to go back to the main website.
Retire Secure For Professors and TIAA Participants
Webinar #1: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Eastern
Roth IRA, Roth 403(b), and Roth 401(a) Contributions and Conversions for Professors
With new tools and opportunities at your disposal, we encourage you to attend this webinar to learn how to defend yourself against the dreaded SECURE Act and take advantage of SECURE Act 2.0.
In this session, we will cover both foundational as well as little known advanced Roth conversion techniques…
- The peer-reviewed math and optimal timing for Roth IRA conversions.
- The back-door Roth IRA.
- How professors born between 1951 and 1959 can profit from SECURE Act 2.0.
- How to move a portion of your taxable investments (TIAA, IRAs, and other retirement plans) to the tax-free investing environment (529 plans, your children’s Roth IRAs, Roth 403(b)s, and more). This shift could potentially be more valuable to your children than making Roth IRA conversions in your own accounts.
- Capitalizing on Roth IRA conversions through 2025 while favorable income tax rates remain and before the 2017Tax Cut and Jobs Act’s Sunset Provisions take effect in 2026 and tax rates go up substantially.
- How you could benefit from the new rules allowing employers to contribute to an employee’s Roth retirement plan. (Previously, employers were only allowed to contribute to tax-exempt Traditional plans.)
- We will also examine the timing synergy between when you begin taking Social Security and making Roth conversions.
And we’ll also cover advanced concepts for Roth IRA conversions including…
- How to transition after-tax dollars in retirement plans to a Roth IRA at no cost—potentially saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes down the road.
- How to convert an Inherited retirement plan to a Roth at your beneficiary’s tax rate, not your own, after you die. (This is a little-known strategy with big tax savings for those who qualify.)
Register with the Zoom Webinar Registration Form found on this page!
Webinar #2: 12:30 – 2:30 PM Eastern
Optimal Distribution and Estate Planning
for Your TIAA and Other Retirement Accounts
Accumulation planning sets the stage, but it’s a breeze compared to distribution and estate planning.
We offer our best recommendations for resolving one of the greatest mysteries of life…what is the optimal withdrawal plan when you have Traditional TIAA? (Our recommendations are somewhat unique and off the radar for most advisors.)
The SECURE Act is no friend to many professors with $1M+ in TIAA, IRAs, and other retirement plans. Unless you take aggressive action, it is likely that your loved ones will take a massive income tax hit upon inheriting any money from those plans. We will provide strategies to avoid massive taxation. We will also delve into a disclaimer-based estate planning system that we consider to be the best estate plan for most married TIAA and IRA owners.
This webinar combines our newest thinking with some of our classic strategies for protecting you and your family.
In this session you’ll discover…
- How Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) of Inherited IRAs and TIAA and other retirement plans were so advantageous under the old law in sharp contrast to the onerous rules in the SECURE Act.
- How SECURE Act and SECURE Act 2.0 changes could impact your family and your legacy.
- How to ensure financial security for the surviving spouse, and potentially save hundreds of thousands to pass on to your heirs after the SECURE Act.
- The details of the best (and most flexible) estate plan for married professors known as Lange’s Cascading Beneficiary Plan™.
- We’ll solve one of the great mysteries of academic life: What is the most advantageous way to get your money out of TIAA when you retire?
- You’ll learn about the distribution rules and options at retirement for Traditional TIAA, IRAs, and other retirement plans and what, if anything, you should do about it now.
We’ll also dive into Trust planning strategies, including…
- The pros and cons of having your heirs inherit your TIAA, IRA, and other retirement assets directly versus through a trust.
- Why, under certain circumstances, naming a charitable trust as the beneficiary of TIAA, IRAs, and retirement assets might be an excellent strategy for altruistic professors.
- The growing popularity of the “I don’t want my no-good son-in-law to inherit one red cent of my money” trust.
- A rarely discussed strategy―Who Gets What? evaluates the tax consequences of leaving different asset types to children who are in differing tax brackets. We will cover a similar strategy for charitable giving. By optimizing your strategies using who gets what analysis, you could save hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes.
Register with the Zoom Webinar Registration Form below!
Webinar #3: 3:00 – 5:00PM Eastern
A Live Q&A with Jim Lange: Your Questions Answered on Roth IRAs, Tax Minimization, Estate Planning and More
This is your opportunity to meet Jim’s number-crunching CPAs* who work directly with clients to develop personal Financial Masterplans. Jim and his team of CPAs will answer attendees’ questions submitted in advance of these webinars as well as those submitted during the webinar. Take advantage of this opportunity to meet our CPAs and have your financial questions answered.
*Steven T. Kohman, CPA, CSEP, CSRP
*Jennifer A. Hall, CMA, CPA, CFP, CRPC
*Dominic J. Bonaccorsi, CPA, CRPC
Register with the Zoom Webinar Registration Form found on this page!
Discover Peer-Reviewed Cutting-Edge Strategies to Retire Secure for Life and Maintain Your Present Lifestyle.
In these FREE webinars, you will discover how to:
- Preserve & maximize your hard-earned retirement savings.
- Optimize your Roth IRA conversion planning under the current (and soon to sunset) tax rates.
- Dramatically reduce your risk of running out of money – Retire Secure for Life.
- Determine which assets you should spend first and which assets you should spend last.
- Maximize your Social Security benefits.
- Leverage an effective and easy-to-use investment strategy that has a history of outperforming active money managers.
- Develop the best estate plan for your family.
About Your Presenter: James Lange, CPA/Attorney
Jim is the author of eight best-selling financial books that help protect the financial security of IRA and retirement plan owners and their families. Jim’s recommendations have been quoted 36 times in The Wall Street Journal. A well-known Roth IRA expert, he authored the first peer-reviewed article on Roth IRAs in 1998 which was published in AICPA’s Journal, The Tax Adviser. Jim also developed Lange’s Cascading Beneficiary Plan™, an estate plan that provides the maximum flexibility for married IRA and retirement plan owners.
Jim and his team have served 632 university faculty as clients. The team understands the unique tax, retirement, estate, and financial planning needs of university faculty and has proven solutions to address those needs. Jim has a personal connection to university life as well, since both his mother and brother were university faculty members.
While they have years of experience working with clients who participate in TIAA, CREF, and Vanguard, neither Jim nor any of his team are directly or indirectly affiliated with TIAA, TIAA-CREF, Vanguard, or any university.
Jim’s most recent book, Retire Secure for Professors and TIAA Participants (September 2023) features a glowing foreword by Burton G. Malkiel, Professor of Economics, Princeton University. This most recent book, as with all of Jim’s previous books, has been endorsed by many of the country’s top experts. Retire Secure! was endorsed by Charles Schwab, Larry King, Jane Bryant Quinn, Roger Ibbotson, and 50 other experts; The Roth Revolution, was endorsed by Ed Slott, and Bob Keebler; and The Retirement Plan Owner’s Guide to Beating the New Death Tax, endorsed by Burton G. Malkiel, Larry Swedroe, and Stephan Leimberg.
6 Valuable Bonus Gifts:
Yours FREE When You Attend Any Workshop!
Bonus #1: Register today and you will receive a free hardcover copy of Jim’s magnum opus, Retire Secure for Professors and TIAA Participants, the best book Jim and his team have ever written.
Bonus #2: Your next gift is a hard cover copy of Jim’s best-selling book, Retirement Plan Owner’s Guide to Beating the New Death Tax, detailing how to respond to the SECURE Act.
Bonus #3: You will receive a digital copy of Jim’s 276-page best-seller, The Roth Revolution: Pay Taxes Once and Never Again. Jim shows how to use a series of Roth IRA conversions to grow income from your IRAs tax-free.
Bonus #4: You will receive a digital copy of Jim’s book on Social Security, The $214,000 Mistake: How to Double Your Social Security & Maximize Your IRAs.
Bonus #5: Attendees also receive a pre-release digital copy of Jim’s brand-new book, Retire Secure for Parents of a Child with a Disability. This book will be available to the public in January 2024.
Bonus #6: Qualified attendees are eligible for a FREE Retire Secure Initial Consultation with Jim Lange and one of his number-crunching CPAs.
Experts Praise Jim Lange’s Books
(All reviews are for Jim’s books, not his services.)
“Retire Secure! is an invaluable resource for investors.” ― Charles R. Schwab, Chairman and Founder, The Charles Schwab Corporation
“Think of Retire Secure! as a GPS for your money. You may know where you are and where you want to go, but you don’t know how to get there. Jim offers the best route.” ― Larry King, Larry King Now
“James Lange’s book, Retire Secure!, covers two areas particularly well—Roth IRA conversions and estate planning for IRA owners.” ― Jane Bryant Quinn, Newsweek, AARP
“Retire Secure for Professors and TIAA Participants covers the practical aspects of investments that really matter to us: spending and saving, tax efficiency, controlling costs, charitable and family giving, and estate planning. Along the way he examines both taxable and retirement accounts, insurance, and annuities, often using TIAA, CREF, and IRAs that professors are already familiar with. Although there is no magic to investing, there are lots of things we can do to help meet our goals and many our retirement more secure ― Roger G. Ibbotson, Professor Emeritus in Practice of Finance, Yale University.
“James Lange’s book, Retire Secure for Professors and TIAA Participants is not only relevant to professors but is applicable to a broad audience of IRA and retirement plan owners. Jim’s insight and wisdom will be incredibly helpful in understanding the tax law regarding IRAs and retirement planning and is a must for advisors.” ― Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP
Disclaimer: Please note that if you engage Lange Accounting Group, LLC for our Financial Masterplan service or receive Financial Masterplan services as part of our assets under management arrangement, there is no attorney/client relationship in this advisory context. Lange Accounting Group, LLC offers guidance on retirement plan distribution strategies, tax reduction, Roth IRA conversions, saving and spending strategies, optimized Social Security strategies, and gifting plans. There is no solicitation being made for legal services by James Lange nor by Lange Legal Group, LLC. Although we will bring our knowledge and expertise in estate planning to meetings with clients, all recommendations are offered in our capacity as a financial planning professional and not as an attorney. We will, however, potentially make recommendations that clients could have a licensed estate attorney implement.
Lange Financial Group, LLC is a registered investment advisory firm registered with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Banking, Harrisburg, PA. In addition, the firm is registered as a registered investment advisory firm in the states of AZ, FL, NY, OH, TX, and VA. Lange Financial Group may not provide investment advisory services to any residents of states in which the firm does not maintain an investment advisory registration. This does not in any way imply that Lange Financial Group is failing to preserve its rights under the respective states’ de minimis rule. The presence of Jim’s book shall not in any direct or indirect fashion, be construed, or interpreted to suggest that the firm is offering to sell or soliciting to provide investment advisory services to residents of any state or states in which the firm is not maintaining an investment advisory registration. Again, Lange Financial Group preserves all rights under each state’s de minimis rule but wishes to emphasize that it is not directly or indirectly soliciting investment advisory clients in states where it has no legal right to do so. All investing involves risk, including the potential for loss of principal. There is never any guarantee extended that any investment plan or strategy will be successful. Asset location, asset allocation, and low-cost enhanced index funds are provided by the Lange Financial Group, LLC’s affiliated investment firms. This referral is offered in our role as an investment advisor representative and not as an attorney.
Click here to go back to the main website.